Sunday, June 14, 2009

So, you want to get into pharmacy school...

Cocktail of DrugsImage by incurable_hippie via Flickr

I am writing to help you get into pharmacy school. It will take lots of work and dedication... and unfortunately some money (the truly unfortunate part is that the money isn't going to me). Who am I to think I can help you? Just someone who has been through the process, who didn't have really good grades and who made some mistakes in applying the first time, but got into school in the end. I'd like to help you learn from my mistakes.

First, I want you to think long and hard about why you want to be a pharmacist. Really think about the subject, don't just keep reading. Write down a list of reasons you want to be wearing that white coat. If the first one is money, stop reading, don't waste your time applying, there are many other better and easier ways of making money.

I wanted you to write down the reasons why you want to go into pharmacy not just for yourself, but also to use for the entrance essays which you will have to write during application time.

Next, I want you to think about all the things you currently enjoy in life. Those things will go on hold until you get accepted. This will help you make the time to do everything you need to do to get in.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment